Since 2005, Michael has provided strategic advice and completed projects for an array of youth organizations and international development organizations on projects that are geared towards empowering young people, promoting youth participation in issues that affect them and strategies aimed at minimizing the cost of migration while maximizing the benefits of migration.
In 2009, after successfully completing an internship with the UNDP Civil Society Resource Centre, Michael was recruited by the UNDP-Ghana to support the implementation of the EC-UN Joint Migration and Development Initiative. During this time, Michael worked in providing technical support for two civil society organizations that had been selected under the first grant cycle of the JMDI by providing technical advice on migration issues, project implementation, media and advocacy and other operational modalities.
Other past and present professional engagements by Michael in an advisory capacity include:
- Road to Rio + 20 West Africa Regional Meeting Advisor,2011
- Peer Reviewer of Tackling Poverty Together Toolkit, 2010
- Children and Youth Task Force of Global Call against Poverty (GCAP),2008
- UNICEF Rural Voices of Youth National Focal Point for Ghana, 2008-2010
- Point of reference individual for the Africa thematic area of UN CSD Youth Caucus,2008
- One World Africa Youth Summit Organizing Committee ,2007
- Youth Supplement of the UN Human Development Report (HDR) Editorial Member, 2006 – 2007.
- International Advisory Board of Bangladesh Youth Parliament (BYP),2007
- Advisory Board/Board of Directors for Young People We Care (YPWC), 2005- Present.